DGX 9142 is a space dogfight game with Battlefiel-1942-like conquest maps and FreeSpace-2-inspired space combat.
Every team has a certain number of tickets. Killing enemy ships or holding special positions decreases
the enemy team's ticket counter (displayed in the upper right corner). A team wins if the other team's counter hits zero. Your ships spawn at jump gates held by your team.
You can conquer further jump gates by flying close to them while there is no enemy ship around.
Jump gates with a green arrow next to their name spawn NPC cruisers. The players choose one of four ship classes.
- Fighter for ordinary combat.
- Bomber to tackle big cruisers and stations.
- Scout for quick strikes at unexpected positions. (Scouts jam the enemy radar to a certain degree, but also counter enemy jamming.)
- Support which regenerate friendly ships or supply them with new ammunition.
The fighting is quite similar to FreeSpace, Freelancer and other space games.
WASD: regulate the forward/backward/sideward thrust.
Tab: enable the after burner
- Middle mouse button: lock targets (highlighted by a rectangle)
- Left/right mouse button: fire at the targeted ship
Ctrl trigger special ability. (E.g. anti-missile EMP, mines, sentry gun placement – not every ship class has one!)
M: show overview map (your ship is highlighted with white)
,: toggle grid and hud info
Space: zoom in
- Esc: to quit
Just unzip the archive and run DGX9142.exe!
On Windows 10 and on Wine32, it should work without further configuration. The game needs DirectX 7 support, 100 MB of disk space, 1 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM, and 128 MB GPU memory.